View Single Post
Old 07-31-2019, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkstott View Post
I've owned a Spuce Solista and sold it to buy a Cedar C1-... Personally, I like the C10 over the Solista.

I think the construction quality of the Cordoba guitars made in Spain are inferior to those built in China. The ones I've that were made in Spain had high / sharp frets, excess poly finish, etc..

The C-10 also seems to be built lighter than the Solista and the neck is much more comfortable for me to play.

You can get a like new or barely played C10 from GC for under $1,000
Thank you for the tip, sir! I checked out the whole range of classicals at the best local shop, including a Yamaha and a Solista. They also had a range of New World guitars that were very nice, but the ones I liked most of New World were out of my price range.

I ended up coming to the same conclusion as you, and going with the C10. I felt the Solista was very nice and had a great sound, build quality seemed great to me, but I preferred the sound of the cedar-topped C10. (They had a spruce Solista for me to compare to a spruce C10 and a cedar C10, and I think I just like the cedar sound more)

Very happy with it and I was able to obtain it brand new for under $1k.

I appreciate the tips!