View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 08:08 PM

I do not think the story is true about the $10,000 offer or the story of the missing two guitars. I owe one dating back to 1977 N400D serial # 19770704, so it was made on July 4, 1977. I am the original owner. I called Gruhn, the guy said maybe $ 500 and if I wanted to know more take pictures and send $50 for an appraisal. BTW, It is in excellent condition not in the original case but in a case I had since 1975. I sounds better than any Martin or any other great brands over the past 35 years I have ever played. In 1977 I had the opportunity to purchase a custom made guitar from a guy in Coconut Grove FLA they were 1500-3000 back then the owner of the store boasted that he sold a couple to Stephen Stills and Carlos Santana. My Dad was insisting I get one, but I could not spend that kind of money, so this NMI N400D was the only other guitar in the shop besides his. He said he liked the sound and would only keep this one in his shop. Can't remember how much it cost, but it was not anywhere near the others, a couple of hundred maybe. What peeked my interest is when an old friend from childhood came over and he is a monster player looked at the wood and quality and said that this is made out of quality wood. It is tuned in open Csus4 so he could not play it, so I played a song and he said you got something good here. So I searched the internet and wound up here. Will keep you posted on the mystery. If it turns out to worth $ 10,000 you will see it for sale not like that storyteller.

Last edited by jjdreamz; 06-13-2012 at 08:50 PM.