View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 11:17 AM

Default The missing 3rd NMI model N400D?

Hi all. This is also my first time to the forum since I too ran across it while searching for info on my NMI guitar. I was particularly interested in what tstephens wrote (post #9) since I also have a model N400D. I'm wondering if the 3rd one he mentioned is mine, with the other 2 being his and another post where 1 was found in South Africa? Interesting!!

My guitar does not have "made in Japan" anywhere I can find and the number code inside is 0705008 so it's not the same format as the date code mentioned in other posts but I'm guessing it was made in May 1977 from the numbers. The logo at the top of the neck is in a "Martin" style and completely spelled out, not just the initials NMI. It has the full NMI label inside. I bought it at a pawn ship in middle TN in the early 80's and have played it periodically since then. It's has a few "love" dents but still looks good and sounds great.

I found it particularly interesting that tstephens had received offers of $10,000 for his model N400D. I'm not sure I'm ready to sell mine but could be very tempted at those prices! I would love to hear more from others regarding their NMI guitars so I hope the forum keeps getting postings for it. Thanks again!