View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricks View Post
Linda, if I could offer a suggestion to you about getting out of your "rut" as you call it. I don't know what type or style of music you play, or listen to. But whatever it is, put something totally different on. I find that no matter what I listen to, what I play still comes out like me. And I find that I can usually pick something here or there up from any kind of music. I listen to everything from bluegrass to solo fingerstyle. If you find a particular song or tune that moves you, then work on it a bit. In your own way.

This always seems to help me move on a bit or get out of a rut that is getting too deep. I'll always sound like me, but every little thing that sticks and becomes a part of what you do expands YOU.
That sounds like a great idea (just saw your post -- sorry). I tend to play a lot of folk/country/indie rock. Getting some great ideas from some of the riffs Patty Griffin plays. Lovely stuff!