View Single Post
Old 03-17-2016, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade Hampton View Post
JC, like a lot of large scale retailers, Guitar Center has dropped some brands for business reasons, then started carrying them a few years later when both parties were able to come to an agreement. They've done this little dance with Gibson at least a couple of times that I'm aware of.

From the link you posted, it would appear that they've renewed their business ties with Larrivée.

I'm glad to hear it. It was really Guitar Center that transformed Larrivée from a little-known boutique brand to a large scale guitar manufacturer back in the 1990's - prior to that I think I'd only seen two or three Larrivées, ever.

Anyway, whether they continue this rapprochement remains to be seen. But I say more power to both companies.

whm
I also discovered Larrivee in a GC back in the early 90's, in fact Sam Ash also stocked the brand, but I soon found I could buy the guitars online for much less. Clearly this wasn't great for in-store sales, so by early 2000 both GC and Sam Ash dropped the brand. Too bad, because Larrive is one of those brands folks really have to play first, they just don't have the reputation for strong online sales.

BTW, note that in the OP's link the L03R is listed at $1331.25 when in fact MAP set by Larrivee is $1371 for that model. A clear MAP violation. Showing such disrespect for the builder is not a great way to rekindle their relationship.