View Single Post
Old 01-05-2018, 08:30 AM

@ SuperB23- I've had my Sable now for a couple of months. I posted some feedback early on which was critical of the tone of the guitar, I found it overly bright. A few months on and my opinion is more refined. I have replaced the factory Elixir strings with Thomastik-Infeld Spectrum strings which I find more pleasant. I am also new to the guitar so each month the goes by I am able to get more from the instrument. The sound I originally described as bright is softened with the change in strings. I would also now describe the sound as complex (maybe due to harmonics). Since my purchase, I have had the chance to hear the Sable in the same setting as some higher end Taylors and Martins. I wouldn't go so far as to say the CF sounded just like the wood guitars, it sounds different but it is a sound that I have come to find as pleasing as the nice wood guitars (I didn't hear the Martin and rush to sell my Sable)

Some of my initial impressions remain unchanged. I think the neck has a great profile. As I have started to learn some basic fingerstyle, I have come to appreciate the string spacing which seems nicely balanced for many different playing styles. When I go guitar school and use the school guitars I usually flub around for a good 10 min getting used to closer string spacing. Of course as I expect is the case with all CF guitars, it has been great especially with the cold weather in the NE this past week to just pull the guitar off the wall and start playing. The guitar tends to stay in tune regardless of temperature or humidity.

I am pleased with my purchase and expect I will continue to get more from the instrument as my skills improve. As a novice player my comments probably aren't too useful but these are my two cents.