View Single Post
Old 02-26-2017, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martingitdave View Post
Very nice info. I hope it's "Valid". :-). I looked at the Maui 5. That's a nice unit for use with a mixer, maybe even a T1 from Bose. The onboard mixer is bare bones, but would also work with a TC Play Acoustic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I read a thread in a European forum, can't remember if it was in English or German, where someone from LD was an active user. According to LD they did not add a mixer because they thought it compromised the sound and said they found the best results by using a small external mixer. According to LD, to build a mixer (to their standards) into the unit would raise the total price beyond their target. LD went on to say you will get much better results by using a small cheap mixer like the Zed 10. That's why they left it out. Knowing how German minds tick I can totally understand. They would rather leave it out than make something inferior. That said the new 11G2 and 28G2 has an updated mixer, although extremly basic. YOUz SHOOD UZE YOU OWN MIXXA! Says LD.
Still might get the 5 and a mixer. Loads of reviews saying the 5 can bump an 80-100 person party without the limiter lights ever blinking.