View Single Post
Old 01-15-2021, 09:04 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy4 View Post
You might want to give Santa Cruz a call with the serial number to see if they have any record of repair.

It looks to me like a slightly muffed reset. I probably wouldn't want any more saddle than that sticking up, and it may cause problems with bridge lift later.

That's just my opinion though. It probably deserves a closer evaluation if you have a really good tech in your area. If you don't play that area of the fretboard then it might only be a problem if you want to sell it later. The larger problem would be the overly-high saddle.

You gotta love that clean lining job, though!
Thanks. I have reached out to SCGC regarding the build and repair history and am awaiting a response.

The issue starts at the ~19th fret, so it has zero impact on playability.

The actual neck joint itself looks good. No gaps, significant finish marring, or other evidence of a poor neck rest.

I assume that the excess glue around the neck block is indicative of a neck reset and probably wouldn't have left the Santa Cruz factory that way.

I'm in the Philly Area and Brothers Music in Wind Gap is about 2hrs from me, so I might be able to take it there for eval, but that's a bit of a drive...
| 1968 Martin D-28 | 1949 Gibson J-45 | 1955 Gibson LG-2 | Santa Cruz 000 Cocobolo / Italian Spruce | Martin D-18 1939 Authentic Aged | Martin Gruhn Guitars Custom D-21 Adi/Madi | Gibson J-45 | Fender American Elite Telecaster | Fender American Standard Stratocaster | Gibson Les Paul Standard | Gibson Les Paul Studio | PRS Custom 24 10-Top | Gibson Les Paul 1960 Reissue (R0) |