View Single Post
Old 05-01-2019, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone0305 View Post
So I’m thinking of getting a Heinonen with the same woods. Though I’ve never played that combo. My two guitars are EIR with a Sitka and Eng tops. How different is ziricote? Should I stick with EIR? I love harmonics and overtones. This guitar is stunning and looks similar to size in my guitar I play the most, EIR and Sitka. Thanks!
Lots of factors come into play when deciding on tonewoods. The most important factor probably is that Heinonen and Circa Guitars are very different tonally to start off with. Circa is more towards the traditional/vintage Martin camp of sounds while Heinonen is more of the modern camp of sound.

In general, Ziricote is very Rosewoody but in my experience they tend to have a little less overtones and reverb as a true Rosewood. However it is clearer than EIR which can be muddy to my ears. I shall drop you an email so as to not derail this thread.

Congratulations OP on that stunning new Circa! Love myself a gorgeous set of Ziricote

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:
Astrand | Bowerman | Brondel | Buendia | Casimi | Datlen | Doerr | Fujii | Gerber | GR Bear | Heinonen | Isaac Jang
Keith | Keystone | Matsuda | Michaud Made | Ogino | Pellerin | Petros | Poljakoff | Strahm | Tom Sands | Wingert

...and more

www.TheGoldenEraGuitar.com
[email protected]
+65 8666 0420