View Single Post
Old 02-21-2019, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deliberate1 View Post
Totally cool. And your first post as well. Perhaps you and me and Beth could start a sub-forum for recovering winds players.
Very happy to hear that you ended up with a Larrivee that speaks to you. No one has anything but good things to say. Did you end up with a new or used "horn"?
You got a Buffet R13 from the "golden age." Keep it safe. At some point, you may have a hankering to put to back together and give it a blow. Where did you play in Maine, and are you still playing sax? As I think I mentioned above, I am playing lead tenor in an 18 piece big band. Nothing like it.
Thanks again for reaching out. Wish you all the best.
David
Yeah, first post! Been lurking for a while. I really enjoy this site and have learned so much from the posters here. Very grateful for the existence of this forum. The Larrivee I got was new. I visited the Larrivee website and clicked on their "find a dealer near you" button. To my pleasant surprise I found that there is a dealer less than an hour from me. Drove down and they had five or six to choose from.

I'm still playing the saxophone; mostly jazz. I've been to Maine a couple of times. I played at USM, and one time I judged at a jazz festival up north in 'The County.' I loved the scenery and the people up there. All the best to you, David. Now I'm wondering how many woodwind players are on this forum...