View Single Post
Old 02-19-2019, 09:25 PM

Congratulations David! Larrivees are great instruments and I really like the 000 size guitars. They're great for finger style and they often will have a solid bass, which I like. I'm sure you'll enjoy making music with this instrument!

If you're currently in Maine, you may want to search around this site a bit for information about letting the guitar acclimate to the inside temp before unpacking it. You'll find a ton of posts about this. I'm in Southern CA, so I've never had to worry about it. And then once you open it, you can post a picture here so we can all "ooh and ahh" over it!

I agree that all of your musical knowledge will just benefit you and transfer well into the world of making music on the guitar. Scales are more intuitive for me and I can hear the chords and figure out where my melody line is within the chords, etc... Having my music depend upon my hand eye coordination has been more challenging. I was used to having my embouchure and breath handle the nuance that now has to come from my fingers. It's been challenging but fun!

Enjoy your new Larrivee!!!

beth