View Single Post
Old 06-06-2016, 03:27 AM

Location: Plymouth, Ma in the summer and St. Petersburg, Fl in the winter (paid snowbird)
Default recording isuuses using Audacity on a Windows 7 computer

I am having a problem using Audacity running on Windows 7 professional. The recorded volume on the program has to be set to only one notch above completely off, to insure that the drive level does not saturated, or driven in to non-linear levels. The hardware I am using external to the computer is two condenser microphones feed into a Behringer XENYX 802 audio mixer then converted to a digital signal using a Behringer UCA202 audio interface.

I tried reducing the drive levels into the Behringer UCA202 audio interface, and the results reduced the dynamic range of the signal, although the quality of recording wasn't great it was better, but not even close to the quality explained below.

Using the same hardware setup as above on my wife's Mac book, again using Audacity, the recording worked great, were the recording level, on Audacity, is now set in the mid range and the results of the recording is what I would expect in quality.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance

John G