View Single Post
Old 04-07-2019, 03:06 AM

Default Eko Mia 018

To answer your original question, I own an Eko Mia 018. In this case the 12 string version. I consider it to be good value for money (approx. £250). I bought it on the basis of the Fast Lok system, which enables the neck to tilt to adjust the action. In addition, the neck can be easily removed for shimming and it also has a height adjustable bridge. The sound is reasonable for a small bodied guitar in this price range. It also has a Fishman Presys Blend pickup fitted as standard.
These models were designed in collaboration with a guitarist named Massimo Varini and there are several videos on You Tube. (Search using his name, or Fast Lok)
Other comments refer to the seventies Ekos. I have owned two over the years and I think that the observations have been very fair. They were solidly built and good value for money. The 12 string versions had a different feel to many others, due to the zero fret, which effectively drops the height of the octave strings on EAD &G. I believe that Jimmy Page may have owned one.