View Single Post
Old 09-22-2021, 03:28 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
And was it not you who advised him to not do any of that, until he got a decent recording first ?
Yep, that's the other thing we've seen here more than once - someone doing processing to a track that messes it up. Possibly related to the other suggestion someone had - what is being used to listen on?

Quote:
And the fact he mentions recording in a different bigger room same issue , suggests it's not the room
And the fact he mentions other mics same issue , suggests it's not the mics. ( I had not thought of ,, but do agree mic placement could certainly be a factor that could span different mics ) ...

To me, that seems to leave only his mixing or something in his chain, besides the mics, ????
Reasonable guesses! Tho I think 2 rooms having bad acoustics isn't unusual, and mic placement can be wrong in both. These days, even cheap recording gear sounds pretty acceptable, so I generally don't suspect the gear, tho of course something could be broken or misconfigured, and we have a few cases here lately where someone did vastly improve after replacing a low-end interface or mics.

Seems like a post of an example would allow people to help more quickly. I suspect some people don't want to post examples because they think the performance isn't polished enough. For this kind of issue, just playing a couple of chords would suffice, just something simple so we can hear the problem.