View Single Post
Old 04-23-2017, 03:40 PM
Charter Member

I am surprised some of you guys are not more excited over this pedal. For me it's everything that the aura was supposed to be. It's AMAZING. Having said that it is definitely the sound of a microphone, I found that it cut well today. I actually found that having be character all the way to the right gave me a brighter/crisper sound which I would not expect. I would have thought all the way counter clockwise would have achieved this?

Also I did some EQ on my TC Play Acoustic pedal which worked well. When I was testing the k & k I had tried a 80hz low cut and a cut at 200hz for boominess and a 10,000hz shelf boost for sparkle - it didn't do much for me! BUT with the Tone Dexter it achieved good results. I guess the article I read was for recording with a mic!

I also wish the boost could have more treble and less bass so that it cuts better. A pedal that offers EQ and a separate boost with its own EQ would be a good match for Tone Dexter but I like to travel light.

Now I'm wondering how this will work with different guitars. I always play small body guitars because they mostly sound the same plugged in but I'm wondering if there will be a noticeable difference with the Tone Dexter. Maybe a Dread would be better for me as a solo singer/guitarist...