View Single Post
Old 03-07-2017, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Klepper View Post
As often is the case, I find that I would need a lot of information that others seem to be able to do without.

What make and model and age is the guitar?

Where do you live? What is the typical humidity now inside and outside? How is the house heated?

Photos showing the current issues. People who are not professional repairers often misdiagnose.
Howard - Beautiful guitars on your site. Guess I didn't provide enough details.

The guitar is a Larrivee D-03BW. Not sure the year but from limited research it's early to mid 2000s.

Live in CO and the guitar lived in CO as far as I know.

No measurements on the house humidity but don't humidify and gas heat. Keep Oasis humidifiers in my other acoustics and a dampit in my archtop year round since we seldom get extended stretches of high humidity days. I still watch the meter in the cases to prevent over or under humidity levels.

The first repair tech said he couldn't give me a repair estimate until it was rehydrated thus my questions on technique and strings under tension. I've reviewed other thread here and YouTube videos and currently have an email sent to a local luthier to get an appointment. I don't generally post pics on forums but did take a series of pics using straight edges for reference. If you would like I can email them to you or other who've kindly offered advice but need additional detail.

Thanks to all who have taken time to reply.