View Single Post
Old 10-06-2014, 04:19 AM

Thank you for the responses, it is indeed a totally unproven concept. The campaign failed for a variety of reasons.

no real guitar player, bad sound, no marketing, product to expensive,no fancy video and so on

The idea behind it was that Gregory smallman made his top edge very thin, with a hidden support construction, that gave me a flashback to my childhood when i put a ruler on the table and make it go boingggg. when you hold the other edge aswell, the vibration is less, but when its free it can vibrate very well.

I think i will start using the unibody , and building a normal guitar with it. gluing the wooden strips in, gluing a soundboard on, routing perflings and bindings, and gluing a fingerboard.

then along the way some experimenting. The problem with this construction is , you can not really open it up without cutting a hole in, as i experienced 1st hand, so if there is a 3rd prototype i need to have the soundboard replacable to test and finetune.

dekutree64 : the idea was to hang the top on glued legs that are positioned in the most "dead" acoustic spots acording to chladni pattarns.

Bruce Sexauer: the aluminium was indeed intended for production. my prototype mold could not handle the heat in the oven and warped.