View Single Post
Old 12-20-2019, 09:55 AM

Default Follow Up

Just wanted to follow up on the gig. As it turns out, the venue had an unusual sound support situation: A wall jack with one XLR input and a pair of left/right RCA jacks. They also had a wireless mic system with two mics for us. The output was through ceiling speakers dispersed in the room. What I wound up doing is running my Yamaha THR10C through the headphone jacks via an RCA splitter cable.

The sound was very good. Despite me thinking I wanted more of an "electric" sound, I played it subtle, using the "acoustic" model with a little chorus and reverb/echo. It worked out better than I expected. If you get a chance, check out the THR amps. I've been extremely pleased with mine as something to noodle around on with the cheap Squier Strat I picked up. Additionally, the power situation would have made running an extension cord awkward and maybe a little unsafe. No problem; the THR runs on 8 AA batteries.

Last edited by fuman; 12-20-2019 at 09:56 AM. Reason: delete. I accidentally reposted. Sorry.