View Single Post
Old 04-23-2019, 09:42 AM

Congrats on considering low fuss carbon fiber, Ron. These days I own an equal number of wood and CF guitars (six each) with the wooden ones gradually on their way out - they get very little play time anymore with all these nice carbon guitars hanging out worry-free and immediately handy to play.

You are looking at two stellar examples. The X20 fits me perfectly and sounds great, plus those bevels and ergonomic curves will quickly spoil you for other guitars. Each Emerald guitar feels one size smaller than its dimension indicate. The X20 feels like a 000, the jumbo X30 more like dreadnought, and the X7 feels like a parlor or 00. CA guitars have the reputation of being the most wooden sounding among composites but also being a bit quieter in overall volume. If you can try one the Rainsong C-H (composite hybrid) series is a real sweet spot for both price and warm tones. Hard to beat.....

As an aside, it took me long time to crack the CA model code. Gx means (generally) a Grand Auditorium or GA size, and Ox means on thinner slightly smaller OM / 000 size.