View Single Post
Old 02-25-2019, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tippy5 View Post
Your findings are instep with mine. I like the TAD50-1R (and the 60) for general picking and hybrid picking with two fingers free. The boldest, most dramatic tone makes them worth the $. I have bought at least 8 of these to sample. The 35 is nice and the 40's are just OK. My first one I bought from a forum member here 2 years ago, and after trying so many, is still my favorite. Although I have yet to spring for the 75$ 80 thickness.

I don't use them all the time.

For strumming I like a medium pick with the flex that gets the best flow for BPM. Anywhere from .060 (faster songs) to .088" (slower). The Charmed life vesperal picks are very nice for precise, solid rhythm.

For electrics I like the cheap green star cutout picks. On a slight angle they can play lead. And straight across the strings still get that flex needed for sweet rhythm.
I want to try the TD 60 next. I myself am used to strumming rhythm with a heavy pick. I use up to 3mm Gravity picks on electric, though it's usually 2mm. No problems strumming so far with the TD 50.

I like the Prime Tone picks (this week, anyway lol) and will probably use them when I go out to jam - but the BC is a better sounding pick to my ears for sure!

Taylor GS Mini Mahogany
La Michoacana Classical (my Dad's guitar)
Beat to heck Seagull S6
Ovation Celebrity 12 string
Fender CD 60 dread that lives in Greece
Harmonicas in a Farmer rack