View Single Post
Old 11-27-2017, 07:54 AM
Charter Member

Default Looking for experiences re: Lowden neck reset

My early 90s O-10 has a rather low saddle and I'd like to have the neck reset. It's very difficult to find info online regarding this procedure - I've read everything from "it's impossible, saw it off and install a new one" to "the joint is very tight and difficult to separate" to "it's a standard dovetail, straightforward job"

One of the resources that keeps coming up is a luthier in Vancouver named Nicole Alosinac. I sent her an email this morning but I gather she's very good and very busy, so it might be a while before she gets back to me. Here she shows a pic of a successful reset she performed on an O-25 from the same era as mine:

Despite the low saddle, I have mine strung with mediums and play it aggressively down into C based tunings with great success. I want to have the reset done as an investment in the guitar's future but I'm also considering installing a Barbera Soloist and I want to be sure the geometry is good before I choose the wrong Soloist height. The "low" option that Rich offers is just a hair shorter than my stock saddles.

Anyone out there in AGF land that can speak with direct experience regarding a Lowden neck reset?