View Single Post
Old 08-16-2019, 09:04 AM
Charter Member

Default NGD MARTIN D 18 SINKER MAHAGONY OMG!!!

Heyyy Everyone today aug 16 is my birthday and I got a little something special for my special day!....quick backstory-- I own one guitar at a time and a little over a year ago I thought my search was over posting my NGD Martin D 41 reimagined WHICH WAS INCREDIBLE btw. But a month ago something starting bugging me about that deep glorious cavernous reverb/delay/chorus lol
that the 41 had with every note. Now for some that is the ticket the ANSWER but I just felt like you cant turn off all that SWIRL--those magical overtones when you wanna just play something simple and pure. So I sold it very reluctantly to a great guy here on the forum and he loves it!.
So I spent a month playing every guitar imaginable here in nyc and calling several dealers around the country.I wanted my first mahogany guitar so I was certain I was going to buy a Gibson. So I played a boatload of j45s southern jumbos 35s 200s on and on but I wasnt really impressed away until I played the Gibson J45 Vintage which was a wonderful example of a J45 with more oommph and volume etc. So my good friend Gary- aka Groberts here on the forum called me and told me NOT TO GET THE GIBSON lol he knows me and my playing style and actually he said was worried and concerned that after owning and loving the D41 the j45 would leave me wanting..jeezz Well my friend Gary is the best
so I actually listened and started considering other guitars...
Sorry for the long post-- so I headed out to the Music Zoo here on long Island which I highly recommend incredible store huge inventory of primo Taylors Gibsons Martins Lowdens top shelf Japanese made Yamahas and several beautiful vintage and used instruments and a fantastic staff the whole enchilada
On the way driving to the Zoo Gary Groberts says "hey check out the Martin D18 sinker mahogany they have in stock" I couldnt care less honestly because I was getting a Gibson... Well...I have never heard of the Sinker D18 before but It blew away every single acoustic regardless of price at the Music Zoo! Im talking high end Taylors lowdens martins Gibsons I spent 2 days at the store about 6 hours easily comparing back and forth with Nate the amazing sales guy and tremendous player and many customers and everyone unanimously proclaimed the MARTIN D18 SINKER MAHOG SUPREME. So I present to you the best dread I have ever played in my life and I have played a ton...pics coming and more details folks..THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE REGARDING THE LONG POST