View Single Post
Old 08-12-2020, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve DeRosa View Post
The Rocket was positioned lower in the line than the Meteor, essentially their entry-level thinline cutaway and available in 1, 2, or 3-pickup variations as well as two different finishes (redburst being the most common) over the years. Speaking from nearly 60 years of first-hand knowledge I'd be careful with these - they were beginners' guitars in their heyday, and while some of them were relegated to the closet and escaped the ravages of time, many of them were used and abused; they also weren't made to the standard we've come to accept in a modern entry-level guitar and, given the eccentric three-bolt neck joint and non-adjustable truss rods on many pre-1960's examples - to which we can add the long-term effects of the heavy-gauge Black Diamond strings that were standard record-shop/music-school fare - you'll probably be kissing a few dozen (or more) frogs before you find your princess...
Thanks!! I'm moving closer to pulling trigger on a new 5420, I just don't want to deal with older stuff with problems,