View Single Post
Old 04-25-2018, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
I hope you don't mind Bruce, if I give an answer to the question from a different perspective. I am assuming (quite dangerous) the question was about the placing of the tentellones without any method of clamping them in place. I assumed the sides would be dimensioned to fit on the dish so the sides sit vertically without angling in at the center. I have used the same method as Bruce of building on the top and have shaped the sides to fit into the dish. I glue the sides to the neck and end blocks and when they are dry it is just a time consuming (although very pleasant time) dabbing a bit of hide glue to the block, put in place and hold for a time then continue on with the next one. No clamping is needed. I have tried one guitar with Titebond instead of hide glue after Bruce did his daughter's guitar with it. I don't have quite the warm and fuzzy feeling using the Titebond as I do with the hide glue. Bruce said it holds fine, mine has not fallen apart yet so I have no reason to doubt it.
Indeed, this was my question. Poorly phrased I guess. I was wondering if anyone trusted the blocks glued in without clamps as an old fashioned glue block was on a piece of furniture. And "tadol" has answered the other part- if the block could be cut at 90 degrees and still fit. I admit I like my mold and dish that I can use to "grind" my bindings to a perfect fit. But I've begin to covet Bruce's "moldless" approach, and I like the notion of individual tentelones for the top.