View Single Post
Old 07-07-2019, 08:14 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by agfsteve View Post
Isn't the ability to log out of an app specific to the app? I.e., you can only log out of the app if it allows you to do so (presumably with a button or link)? I would have thought all apps would indeed allow you to log out, but apparently that is not the case with the iPad twitter app?

In the link you provided, it says, "You really shouldn't force-close apps". Any idea why you "really shouldn't"? I'm guessing it could corrupt memory, or not do proper clean-up, which could presumably lead to performance issues?

Thanks for your help.
It does no damage, you just don’t “have” to do it unless the app is misbehaving. If you check out Apple Support you’ll see they provide similar guidance. I think force closing is specifically recommended when the app is not working correctly. And, I believe, the device responds more quickly when it is left open. I am sure to close apps that involve financial interactions. I’ve been doing this for a very long time with no issues. If you still feel uneasy, you can ask Apple Support directly — either through one of their stores or thought a direct connection to Apple Support on their website by text/phone/support request.

As an aside, if you look at my wife’s devices, you see she has every app she’s ever opened — still opened If you look at mine, more often than not, I have 1 or 2 open. It’s a personality thing I suppose.

Last edited by BrunoBlack; 07-07-2019 at 08:19 AM.