Thread: Who knew?
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2018, 07:33 PM
Charter Member

Pretty much unrelated to guitars, other than I played an hour or so this morning... without recording anything. Just made some music.

I have mentioned the dredge operation in the canals on our island - they currently have us blocked from our exit canal. It is frustrating to look outside, see the sunshine, and not be able to go out on the boat whenever we want.

A couple days ago, I biked a couple canals over to check out the low bridge that crosses one of the other canals. No way to measure, and the clearance changes with the tide. Joan was wantoing to get out as much as I was and said, "The worst that can happen is we'll have to turn around and come back home."

"No, the worst that could happen is we'll get stuck under that bridge and rip our bimini to pieces. Causing me public humiliation."

Here's how it all played out...

http://captnjim.blogspot.com/2018/01...ak-for-it.html

Spoiler Alert: we made it (just barely) and... dolphins!

After 5 years of driving whale watch boats, and nearly 20 years enjoying time with the dolphins in the Tropical Tip, we have really been missing getting out!

Here's a preview...

We are having lower than normal tides, which is typical this time of year. If the tide was any higher, we would not be able to get under that bridge.