View Single Post
Old 07-20-2017, 01:55 PM

Jim... I'm considering a CF guitar to be able to leave it sitting out around the house at home (and for travel in our motor coach). How would you compare the tone of the X7 vs the X20, and which would be a preferable guitar for finger style playing?

I recently bought this Eastman E10 OO-M flame solid-mahogany (as a travel guitar) from LA Guitar, while we are traveling in our coach (we're at The Vineyards on Grapevine Lake, TX right now) and it's no problem keeping it humidified while on the road. But it's not impervious to radical humidity changes (extremely low humidity is the real risk, but managed with a sound-hole humidifier.)

- but when back home in Scottsdale, it will need to be kept in the humidity-controlled guitar closet with all of my other guitars, when not being played.

Thus, my desire to have a CF guitar I can have out and about whenever, wherever. Just not sure about how I will like the tone (I may love it!)

Did you take your X7 simply because it is more compact than the X20? Which sounds better? I tend to prefer the OOO/OM/OO sized acoustics.

We have been wanderers in RVs for a good number of years. It's a wonderful way to travel - and still be in your own home every night! Especially good if you have pets. Colt & Kimber:

Last edited by DHart; 07-20-2017 at 03:28 PM.