View Single Post
Old 02-26-2020, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB1 View Post
Have you compared the 2 systems? You would hope the Atmosfeel system was an improvement over the SRT2 system or they would have just kept the SRT2 in the Red Label line. Either that, or the Atmosfeel is a cheaper way to go for them?
I owned a gen 1 AC3R with SRT1, which had the barn door preamp, which I really liked. I also owned an A5R with SRT2 which had the 4 knobs that took away a few of the features from SRT1, but sounded pretty good. I sold my A5R in part due to a cash crunch, but also due to the fact that SRT2 didnt blow me away. The A5R sounded terrific unplugged and had a fantastic neck, but I mostly play plugged in and I wasn't overly thrilled with the tones I got from it.

And I now own an FGX5. From my experience , the Atmosfeel works better when not run through a bunch of preamps. For instance, through my DG Stomp, I hate the way my FGX5 sounds, but direct into a PA, the FGX5 sounds awesome.