View Single Post
Old 02-15-2019, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Yep, McDavid wouldn't have the defensive skills that Crosby has ... yet. He'll get there.
As Aaron mentions below, it's not just Sid's defensive skill that gives him the edge, he thinks the game a second or two faster than almost anyone, which puts him in position to make plays. His incredible hockey IQ gives him opportunities on offense and defense that never materialize for other players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Smith View Post
It's the things that Sid does away from the puck that make him the greatest player in the game. I feel bad for McDavid, he's amazingly skilled but Edmonton is a disaster right now.
And while I agree with your point (as I mentioned above), I think another distinguishing characteristic of Sid's game is his tenacity and strength on the puck. For instance, he's not as fast as McDavid, yet Sid can stick-handle with quickness and elusiveness that prevents anyone (including a bigger, faster player such as McDavid as we saw in the game on Wednesday) from separating him from the puck.

I believe McDavid has the physical tools to become perhaps the best player of all-time (with apologies to Wayne), whether he will have the obsessive work ethic of Sid, and Wayne's good fortune with health in order to achieve that status remains to be seen.

AKA 'Screamin' Tooth Parker'

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
Squier Classic Vibe 50s Stratocaster
Squier Classic Vibe Custom Telecaster
PRS SE Standard 24