View Single Post
Old 01-05-2020, 03:34 PM

I also own the CP-60s and it is fun indeed:
- Very responsive, with shiny trebles, moderately boxy midrange (half-way between a ukulele and an acoustic guitar) and soft furry lows.
- Very easy to play, very low action, perfect intonation
- Quite loud, in any case much louder than my laminated dreadnought
- Simple yet attractive design: while it looks very orange on the pictures, it is in fact darker, closer to the expected vintage look of a sunburst.

Most of all, each string has its proper voice, which makes it very articulate for fingerpicking (delta blues, celtic tunes, etc). For comparison I have played a Martin LX1E which was more balanced maybe (more like a dreadnought), but it was not so addictive.

I think the videos on line, most of them showing it for strumming, are misleading : the CP-60s should be played with fingers. When fingerpicking, it sounds quite like its predecessor the discontinued CP-100, but on the louder and chimier side (thanks to its solid top?), with a sound closer to the high-end parlor brands.

The only drawback I noticed is when playing slide: while the little E and B really chime when fingerpicking, the little E string surprisingly sounds dull under a slide. Since the B string still sounds fine, I suppose a heavier gauge for that little E string would help.