View Single Post
Old 10-06-2019, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatswodo View Post
Definitely qualify as ‘composite’ - they don’t use much CF.

Is there an agreed-upon definition of what would qualify as a ‘composite’ guitar?
We have CF, flax cloth, nylon filled plastic, wood encased in CF, CF and fiberglass (Journey, Rainsong, others), Kevlar, etc., including some CF with metal, some CF with wood parts (Brunner, Klos, others)

My first priority is to filter out those that would generally be considered by "most" of us to fall somewhere into the composite world in some way. For example, I would not include a wood guitar that has CF stiffener rods in the neck.

After names are gathered, the list can be discussed, divided, purified, etc., and surely will a be subjective call for many of these. But each person can modify their own list from the raw list as they wish for their own purposes. First, we need the names.

I used to mentally prefer pure CF only, but have finally adjusted to materials that won't suck up water from the air and deform over time. And hopefully, stronger and more durable than wood. Pretty general.

So first a broad list, then sorting and narrowing a bit--such as those companies that are still producing. Things change, look at Blackbird. Composite, but no CF. That's pretty major.

I am more than surprised at the size of the lists already. I had no idea.