View Single Post
Old 05-29-2022, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Young View Post
If speed and convenience is the overriding factor, I'd suggest looking into one of the small portable recorders, like a Zoom H2 or H4 (or even your phone with a mic attachment). Sit it on a table in front of you, hit record, and you'll get surprising good results.

I'm not actually sure an attachable mic reduces hassle at an open mic. The ones I know are set up for people to either sit down in front of a mic (already setup), or plugin with the cable they provide. You're going to hit them with the need for an XLR cable, phantom power, etc. You'd think that's no big deal, and probably isn't a lot of the time, but it's an extra step they don't have to do for others, and I've seen some Open Mic sound guys who'd be totally thrown off by something like that.
Those are good points.

Hmmm... maybe I didn't think this through enough... hahaha

All the samples I listened to sounded surprisingly good, and I did read about some folks having trouble with the clip, but figured I would give it a try because of how good it sounded.

Aside from the clip thing everything else I read and heard seemed really good, but now I am beginning to think it's mostly bad.

Well, I can always return it. I think it's too late to cancel the order since it shipped already.

Martin D-28 Satin
Fender American Ultra Telecaster