View Single Post
Old 02-15-2019, 08:18 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalSurf View Post
Glenn, I'm always amazed at your work.

How many hours-- start to finish-- do you think it takes you to record all of the music as well as edit it all together? I can imagine it is way more than people realize. What would you estimate?
Hi SoCalSurf!

Thanks so much for your thoughts and comments!

How many hours? Well, on Thursday I started working on this about 11 AM and worked until 5:30 PM to get all the recording and video work done. So that is 6.5 hours. That time also includes mixing down all the audio channels into a stereo mix. I think there were about 16 channels by the time I was done adding all the various components.

Today I did some errands with my wife all morning. I was able to get back to the studio at about 1:30 PM, and I spent about an hour and a half programming the video. I mixed 8 different video tracks together to make the video. I have gotten pretty decisive about where to make cuts and when to make pans and zooms, so I was able to get through this fairly quickly considering how much stuff was there in the video editing program.

So 6.5 + 1.5 hours = 8 hours total of recording, processing and turning the raw video footage into less than a 3-minute final video.

To me, that doesn't sound too bad. This video could be better, but it would have taken a whole lot more time to get there. When I do stuff by myself, there is no one to argue with. So probably, weak stuff gets by, but I can be fairly fast about turning something out.

I had fun doing this, and frankly, I was delighted to be able to put together something where it sounded like I could actually sing again. I was afraid I might never ever be able to sing again!!!

Thanks so much for your thoughts and comments!

- Glenn