View Single Post
Old 01-19-2019, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekside Guitar View Post
I have a 00-17A that has swirls on the top. It is quite common for these guitars to have them. Also every sunburst guitar I own has them as well. They really are a non factor to me and should be to anyone who plays for a living.

These guitars are meant to played and used, not hung on a wall and kept in pristine condition. Anyone that has any experience with acoustic guitars knows these darker finish guitars will always have and show swirls. You can't play them without this happening.

The 00-17A is a fantastic guitar, by far the lightest build Martin is currently making. I think the issue people have with swirl marks is they are too focused on the value of the guitar. I get that these are expensive guitars but they are still just guitars, meant to played and enjoyed for a lifetime.
The issue here isn't why he is returning it. He may be returning for some other reason.

This is about how flexible the business will be in accepting a return on a minor cosmetic flaw, especially if you are an internet seller where there isn't the opportunity to inspect together at the same time and place.

What you just said supports the case that the seller should perhaps take it back with a fee and sell again a B stock.