View Single Post
Old 01-30-2022, 07:59 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis Webb View Post

One friend went for a visit for a checkup, they found low iron. Gave her an Iron infusion IV that day. IV get infected, she reported it, this patient is 84. The nurse said, oh, thats just redness, that happens, its okay. It was infected. The infection spread to her heart. It damaged the valves from endocarditis. Now they wanted to do open heart surgery to repair the valves.

The poking, prodding, excising, taking bloods, admissions....

Can be worse then the illness.

Do some of you agree with this?
I do. What you described above happens more often than not. And it's a travesty.
The best outcome is a combination of not being intimidated and feeling overwhelmed, and making a point of involving yourself as best and intensively as you can in the decision making process. That, and having a good doctor and or medical personnel you can trust, i.e. people that have your best health interests at heart, first and foremost. And not the bottom line.
They are still around. Thankfully.
I'm hoping too that they don't relax the rules too much about who can become a doctor. Getting through medical school has always been a rigorous process. I hope it stays that way.
I'm also hoping that they learn more about treating people as individuals, with varied histories, rather than just following one size fits all protocols, especially with diseases like cancer. That's equally important to the new therapies they might now be discovering due to emerging technologies.

Golf is pretty simple. It's just not that easy.
- Paul Azinger

"It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so."
– Mark Twain

http://www.youtube.com/user/Gitfiddlemann