View Single Post
Old 11-13-2014, 10:06 AM

GC is selling brand new 314ce's at that price, so I'll assume that's where you're shopping. I almost bought one a few days ago, but I prefer the grand concert size and scale length.

These are brand new guitars, with the full Taylor warranty. They're blowing them out, because they're only going to carry ES2 314's now.

ES1 vs ES2:

I have ES2, and it does sound more acoustic. It also amplifies string squeaks much more than ES1. That can be remedied by backing off the adjustment screws on the bridge. I hated it when I bought it 10 days ago, and now I'm enjoying it more.

The ES1 has a more electric sound, but it's okay. You won't experience the type of amplified string noise heard with ES2, so it has that going for it. String to string balance on the ES1 314 I played was pretty good, but ES2 allows you to adjust string response, but only in pairs.

What you're getting at GC is a fully warrantied new Taylor with a cutaway and electronics, at the price of a non-cutaway and no electronics. Sounds easy enough to me, unless you want the ES2 sound.

EDIT: The 314ce I almost bought on Tuesday was built in April 2014. These are not used guitars.

Last edited by FrankB2; 11-13-2014 at 10:12 AM.