View Single Post
Old 04-14-2017, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed-in-Ohio View Post
^ - Ted, such great information! Thank you.

Excellent! and I think this is a great looking model too. Ted, how would you compare/contrast the playability of the CA OX with that of a Martin OM or a Taylor GA? Since these do not have a truss rod, where do they set the neck relief? I'd assume around .008"? Also, can the propitiatory CF saddles be sanded like conventional saddles to adjust action?
I would need to measure to be sure, but factory setup on the two guitars feels similar, which is really all that matters. More importantly the OX has a more Martin-like tone

And yes, CA and Rainsong use the same Tusq saddles Taylor has been using for decades, in fact, Bob Taylor designed them, so adjustment is very straight forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
Ted, my friend, my experience is different from yours. You know I am a Taylor fan, but the X20 I recently bought competes nicely with the 814... playability is similar (same scale and nut width), the Emerald is more comfortable, and... dare I say it: I prefer the sound of the X20..
So then they are not really the same, are they? In fact you were not looking for a guitar that would feel and play like your 814ce when you bought your Shorty from me, if you were you would be the owner of a CO-WS1000N2. I'm guessing getting as close to your 814ce was also not a priority when ordering your Emerald either. Or was it? The fact that you like your CF guitars as much, or more than your 814ce is not proof that they are similar, it's proof that like me, you enjoy some variety in your guitars.

BTW, sending you an email.