View Single Post
Old 06-20-2016, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouieAtienza View Post
it's arrogance to think that you are the only one that knows everything and everyone else gets lumped into the category of "just gets their info from the internet."
Its amazing how people take little snippets of information from a conversation and and it slowly spirals out of control from there.
If we summarize my posts
Mike mentioned,
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-28 View Post
There are more questionable Luthiers out there than ones that I trust. How do I know this? Unfortunately, experience..........Mike
I responded with
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirwa View Post
The problem Mike, is some people think they can buy some tools from Stewmac or some other online supplier of tools and hang a shingle over there shed in there back yard and call themselves a luthier. Calling yourself a luthier is one thing, offering that service on a commercial scale is an entirely different thing.
You have come along with a statement and blurb whilst I was discussing a topic with Mike
Quote:
It's a myopic view that a commercial business shouldn't have to ask for advice. Not everyone in the field started off knowing everything, and not everyone in the field has encountered every single type of repair... and there's seemingly an infinite number of problems.
In fact I'd be more wary of someone that never asked for advice, claimed to know everything. ..
I have addressed my reply to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirwa View Post
I guess we will have to agree to dis-agree.
So let's see,
You take your car to a mechanic and it needs a new piston, so would you let the mechanic work on your car if he needs to ask a forum how to change the piston
And now your latest reply
Quote:
it's arrogance to think that you are the only one that knows everything and everyone else gets lumped into the category of "just gets their info from the internet."
I do not by a long shot think I am the only one, I give an opinion based on what I do.

None of this deflects from my initial comment to Mike, that the problem with this industry is, there are people with no real world experience that go and buy some tools from business's like stewmac, hang a shingle over there shed and call themselves a luthier and attempt to sell there services as a commercial entity.

Steve
Maton Messiah
Taylor 814CE

Last edited by mirwa; 06-20-2016 at 07:27 PM.