View Single Post
Old 08-09-2008, 04:17 PM

Default Takamine TH5C

This is more than your budget (and mine as well), but it is probably the last guitar I am going to purchase, so decided to invest the extra money after testing it for the past couple of days.....

I just purchased a Takamine TH5C ($1600) and am really impressed. I have two Sanchis flamencos with PUTW/1 meg resistor mod, and until the TH5C was the best sound (and I thought it couldn't get better.)

I ordered the TH5C after checking other nylon alternatives at Guitar Center, and discovered that pickkup/preamp quality has come a long way. But I ordered the TH5C with the intention of returning it, since my Sanchis were at least as good or better than those a GC. I was determiined not to like the TH5C and return it after A/B'ing it with the Sanchis guitars.

But the TH5C was markedly better than my best guitars, and plays well into every amp I own, including special effects......

In short, there is no way I am returning the TH5C (and I would assume the other upper end Hirade models are as good); it isn't the best unplugged guitar I have ever played (comparable to my Sanchis), but plugged into an amp it is extraordinary in my experience......