View Single Post
Old 02-19-2019, 06:31 AM
Guitar Gourmet

I work with News organizations on their product and have another problem: I've had to deal with modern News so much that nothing wants to get me emotionally involved.

Now, this can be accidentally turned off. My wife is a news hound. She loves to watch the updates all day long. Every once in a while I'll find that I'm feeling what you are feeling. Even my wife has begun to feel it. All it takes is turning off the TV or switching channels. I guarantee you that you can catch up later.

Remember, we used to watch one news show per day and do just fine. They used to cover the world news from 6:30-7:00pm. Then they opened it up from 6-7. Eventually it went to a 24 hour cycle. Also remember that the News departments used to be a separate department (really, organization) operated by government mandate as a service to the listener. They didn't need any specific audience numbers to survive. The FCC rules were changed allowing the News organizations to be moved into the programming departments. That means they now must attract their own audience. How do they do that? Alarm. Outrage. "Stick with us and we'll sort it for you."

Ration your News watching. Play your guitar. You'll be okay.

Bob

THE MUSICIAN'S ROOM (my website)