View Single Post
Old 07-26-2018, 01:50 AM
Charter Member

Different strokes. My electric gets the majority of my play time, a lot of it unplugged since it's late-at-night-quiet that way. You can write songs and play along with your daughter on electric just as easily as acoustic, though you might want to tone down the distortion. In fact you can play it just about exactly like you play acoustic, if you want to. Or, you can sound like Randy Rhoades. Or you can put it down and sell it all and buy another acoustic guitar instead, if you want to.

Me, I have two channels on my Marshall with 3 gain settings each, but I'll usually use just two of those in combination with different pickup selections and some adjustments on the gain knob. I have several pedals but most of the time I'll use one or two, a blueSky reverb (infinitely better in all ways than the onboard reverb, and almost always on with several different settings depending on mood) and a Boss chorus (which is generally on or off, I don't mess with the settings). Doesn't have to be complicated at all, though it does require some exploration and maybe note taking at first.
'82 Fender Musicmaster bass
'15 Breedlove Premier OF mandolin
Marshall JVM210c amp plus a bunch of stompboxes and misc. gear