View Single Post
Old 11-08-2016, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac View Post
I intentionally removed the label from my X7 shortly after I received it many years ago. I keep it preserved in one of those "round" CD cases that are not so common.

My reason was just my personal aesthetics as my X7 is deep ruby red but the label was a light green and white. The color contrast was too great for my eyes and I found I preferred the all black interior.

For me, a more neutral label color wouldn't have been noticed and I likely would have kept it there, I think. But at that time, the label placement was more visible through the sound hole when looking straight on than it appears to be today. I think today the label is placed a little deeper in the body now--more towards the center. Or maybe my guitar was an exception. Don't know.

If I recall correctly, it came off nice and clean being affixed with something like a rubber cement. I held on to it in case I ever thought to sell the X7, figuring I would then put it back on.

Now, years later, I can say the thought of selling didn't cross my mind again.
Yes AC, I am keeping my sticker too & will never sell this guitar...some things are just priceless Amigo!!!

By the way...the account of washing her with a garden hose is true...lol...I have Really Done This...
Wechter Nashville Tuned
Wechter Dobro
Washburn Nylon

Electric:
Line 6 Variax

Keyboards: Korg SV-1 88 key reverse

PA:
QSC K8 x 2

Amps:
Custom Peavey Studio Pro (Superman)
Fishman Loudbox Mini