View Single Post
Old 08-22-2016, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martingitdave View Post
This was my take. It allows them to continue to offer what they feel is a great stand alone product. And, they offer the addons that allow a solo artist to amplify an ensemble at small shows. My only issue is the cost of the addons. Seems a bit steep. The cost of the expander seems about $50 too high and the sub about $250 too high. Where did I get my numbers? Thin air. So take it for what it's worth.
Good point. The optional sub and mixer are indeed add-ons, as you point out and which my earlier point pretty much overlooks. Of course, SA220 owners could always add a mixer and some kind of sub at added expense, but I have no issue with Fishman offering their own. Aside from those, the main new non-optional feature seems to be added power, correct? All good there too, although I never considered the 220 underpowered for 99% of the places I play. So the 330 system still seems to be a great choice for a solo guitarist/vocalist but yes they're now making it easier for performers to expand beyond the solo world when needed. Thanks for the clarification.

...SeanLewisMusic..>>..Find me HERE on iTunes

Composite Acoustics GX | Larrivee LV-03 | Godin 5th Ave. Kingpin II | Gretsch 5422 | Breedlove N250CR
Godin Duet Ambience Nylon | 1965 Gibson LG1 | Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass | Fender American Standard Strat
Fender Telecaster Player Series | Guild B140 Acoustic Bass | Blackbird Rider Steel | Go Grande Mahogany | Godin A8 mando