View Single Post
Old 01-10-2019, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid! View Post
That board is beautiful!

I'm looking at the Alix because I just bought a 1952 Gibson J-45 with a K&K already installed. I loop and use the controls on my current pickup a lot when switching between EQ's for guitar and bass (via a Boss OC3 Octave) tones.

I've been thinking about the Alix or the Empress ParaEQ. I just need to have tone shaping options that aren't going to require cutting a barn door into the guitar.
We are totally on the same page KID

Congrats on the '52 J45, my favorite guitars are J45s!!! My '64, is the first guitar I pickup up to when I'm recording one of my own songs...

One of my originals on it...

And on stage my 50's reissue J45 is one of my favorite giggers and with 3 years of gigs on it (about 750), it's starting to sound great! Here's a Dylan song I recorded with it a few nights ago...

As for the Alix and Express Para EQ they both are FANTASTIC pedals!!!

The Alix is a great preamp and it has some deep functionality as in you can change the high pass knob into a notch filter, change the corner frequency of the Low control from 80hz to 250hz, and switch between two different midrange freq ranges, among many other things. I also really like the ability to power 9 v FX from it's convenience outlet!

That said, I also own the Empress Para EQ (see pic below of my bigger concert board) and that bugger is surgical!!!

Last edited by rockabilly69; 01-11-2019 at 12:05 AM.