View Single Post
Old 03-04-2021, 10:33 AM

Ugh, I just can't go through with it. This guitar is one that I will likely keep forever and I can't make myself take the risk of it not being exactly what I want. I trust Scott. I would love a guitar built by him. I think his guitars are way underpriced and he would make an instrument that is what I ask for, but from a tone standpoint there are just too many factors that could cause me to be dissatisfied with the final instrument.

If this wasn't going to be a lifetime guitar (and perhaps the last acoustic I buy) then it would be different. I really need to be completely convinced up front that it is the right instrument and the only way to do that is to play it. I just don't want there to be even a chance that I get it and it isn't exactly what I was hoping it would be...even if it is from a spectacular builder. And Scott ABSOLUTELY is a top-tier builder. This is 100% my emotions and 0% his abilities and artistry.

Someday in the future I might end up having him build me one when there isn't so much on the line emotionally for me.