View Single Post
Old 08-03-2017, 12:21 PM
Charter Member

I would go the external preamp route with this, UNLESS you are going to be gigging a LOT...

I have internal preamps (and battery!) in my Anthem-equipped Mark Angus guitars that I use primarily on stage... they sound really good and work just fine, but the battery and preamp, etc., adds a lot of weight and stuff will rattle around in there, eventually.

When I got my Goodall, I knew I did NOT want a battery in it! Went for a K&K Pure mIni with the outboard PURE preamp, the stand alone one that gives me the option of using phantom power from my mixer, instead of always having to use a battery.

If you REALLY want that guitar to sound good, I would recommend exploring the Trance Audio Lens systems, or Teddy Randazzo's units (with external preamp) called The Dazzo.

K&K is a fine pickup, but I don't think that it alone is going to give a really pure acoustic sound... Were I to be gigging with my Goodall, I would probably throw an SM-57 on the soundhole, at a low volume - just to bring some "air", string noise and "breath" into the signal...
and the things I hold dear
are near...
And I always find my way back home."

"Home" (working title) J.S, Sherman