View Single Post
Old 12-12-2018, 04:47 PM

I had always favored the Martin tone, having played for more than 50 years. I also love Gibson J 45s and I have had a few of those. Lately I had been growing a little tired of the traditional sound of these fine brands and looking for a new flavor.
My experience with Taylor had been limited to a DN3 that I had several years ago. It was a great sounding guitar, but I sold it for something else. .??

I wandered into my local independent dealer not long ago during a sale they were having, and came across a NOS 510e. I favor mahogany so I picked it off the wall and spent 30 minutes playing it. It started to warm up 20 minutes in and really came to life. I brought it home and have been playing it a LOT since then. I’m loving the short scale, the V shaped neck, and the slotted headstock. It has such a warm, crisp, responsive voice...great for singing and for fingerpicking.

I had always discounted Taylors as being sort of cold and without vibe and soul. Well, this one has perfect vibe for what I need it to do. Happy to be in the Taylor clan now.

Rb