View Single Post
Old 08-10-2018, 01:18 PM

Default Your Favorite TAYLOR and the Story Behind It...

My favorite Taylor up until 3 weeks ago was my 2002 W10ce. Then I purchased a 2008 Fall Limited GS Koa and it has quickly taken over the spot of my favorite guitar that I've ever played. Big sound that's super clean and shimmery! Rubbing your finger around the top of a crystal glass while it's wet is what came to my mind as a way to describe the tone of this guitar. I've always been a dread fan and thought that was the best body style ever made. Now I would give that title to the GS! Big huge sound with that smaller waist that fits so much better when I'm playing while sitting down! The story behind it is pretty simple. I made the mistake of going into guitar center a few weeks back and played a 916ce. I immediately fell in love with it and had to have one. My problem was the $5k price. I don't play music on a regular gigging schedule anymore and just couldn't justify that price. I figured I'd just start looking for used ones and then this GS popped up in the classifieds! I've always drooled over the Koa Series Taylors and when I saw this one, I thought it was the most beautiful guitar I'd ever seen. I had to have it and the seller offered it to me at a great price and now it's mine FOREVER!!

2019 Bourgeois “Banjo Killer” Aged Tone Vintage Deluxe D
2018 Martin D41 Ambertone (2018 Reimagined)
2016 Taylor GS Mini Koa ES2

Last edited by Tnfiddler; 08-25-2018 at 02:47 PM.