View Single Post
Old 06-15-2015, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumbum View Post
I've been listening to a bit of Michael Hedges again and there is something about his sound...I'm not sure if it is all just his acoustic, it sounds very airy.

So I messed around with some fx, but couldn't really get a nice sound besides a little reverb. I'm wondering what you guys like to use for your tone.
Mwaa haa haa haaa ... okay, you asked ...

Did some noodling around with the EBow and Lowden last night , with nickel-wound electric guitar strings (better response to the EBow's magnetic field).

Left channel : small diaphragm condenser mic -> mic preamp -> compressor pedal -> delay pedal -> usb mixer

Right channel : Baggs soundhole pickup -> Line 6 Pod 2.0 (amp modeler , set with a splash of reverb and delay swell ) flanger pedal -> delay pedal -> usb mixer.

Lots of possibilities I'm only beginning to experiment with, and there's a synth/wah pedal in the mix . What came out last night was nothing less than amazing sounds (not necessarily amazing music, but it's music to my ears) . The EBow and electric-strung Lowden is a magnificent combination ; a glorious fountain of sonic delights . I almost don't even need an electric guitar, but I have one now and will experiment more with it too.

This is fun