View Single Post
Old 10-20-2018, 06:31 AM

When they charge $20 for a $3 set of strings. When they ask $1500 for a guitar when you're in the store but post the same one on CL for $800. When they order you an instrument case that you wait a month for, and realize you could've got it online in 3 days for 40% less money.

I like going in them like someone else mentioned to find something you don't already have. For example, the local store near me has DI boxes that are really good quality that I can't find online for a really good price. The same place had old stock Tusq saddles for a very reasonable price. Another store in my area has hard parts for electric and acoustic guitars IN STOCK such as switches, strap buttons, saddles, nuts, speed knobs, bridges of all types, a large variety of tuning machines. Lastly, a store in the adjacent state has a small but decent stock of relatively locally made hand made guitar straps which are very nice.